I am trained, qualified and experienced in helping clients with varied and multiple issues, and can offer both long and short term counselling one to one to adults and young people. I work with an integrative approach to counselling so as to suit your individual needs and requirements and place highly the importance on developing a trusting relationship. Such approaches I use include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Person Centred Therapy (PCT).
I am a registered member (No: 767292) of the professional body; British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) which means I strive to work within the boundaries and standards of behaviour set by the BACP’s Ethical Framework. (I can provide a copy of this document if you require). This framework informs our work together and ensures and maintains both yours and my safety.
Continued Professional Development
I am pro-active and committed to continuing my professional development so as to remain up to date on latest knowledge and techniques that will ultimately enhance my support to you as your counsellor. I read relevant articles, books, magazines regularly and attend training seminars.
- CPCAB Level 2: Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 3: Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 4: Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 5: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate of Proficiency – Registered Member of the BACP
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Complicated Grief
- Training in Supervision – Cruse Bereavement Care
- Diploma in Supervision – National Counselling Society
- In response to Covid 19 – Moving Your Practice Online
- Complex Grief in Children and Young People
- Working with Children and Young People with Anxiety and Panic
- Infant Loss Training
- Self Harm and Self Care
- Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control
- Dynamics of Power and Control – Neuro-science, Trauma Bonds